Pennsylvania Partner in the Arts
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) is a partnership between local organizations and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Now operating in all 67 counties in Pennsylvania, PPA re-grants funds to support a wide variety of local and community arts activities. Since its creation in 1996, PPA has demonstrated enormous success in achieving the PCA’s mission and goals. Berks Arts Council services arts organizations and projects in Berks, Lancaster & Schuylkill Counties.
PPA Project Stream and Program Stream programs are funding opportunities of the Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA), a regionalized funding program of the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts.
The Berks Arts Council is a partner with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts for Berks, Lancaster and Schuylkill Counties.
For links to application and guidelines, click here.
- Expanding constituent access to the arts by (a) making arts programs available to communities that may have been underserved in the past by state arts funding, and by (b) supporting a wide variety of arts activities in the community, developed in a variety of settings;
- Encouraging and supporting local decision-making in the re-granting of state arts dollars;
- Increasing awareness of and advocacy for government support and funding of the arts at the local and state levels; and
- Enabling the PCA staff to provide increased assistance to its broad constituency throughout the state.
Benefits of Applying to PPA:
- Local applications are shorter and simpler.
- Local grants carry the same state arts funding credibility.
- Local panelists provide important insight into the cultural needs of the community, which inform the local decision-making process.
For additional information, contact:
Berks Arts Council
P.O. Box 854
Reading, PA 19603-0854