Pennsylvania Partner in the Arts
Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) is a partnership between local organizations and the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts (PCA). Operating in all 67 counties in Pennsylvania, PPA re-grants funds to support a wide variety of local and community arts activities. Since its creation in 1996, PPA has demonstrated enormous success in achieving the PCA’s mission: to strengthen the cultural, educational, and economic vitality of Pennsylvania’s communities through the arts by providing thousands of artistic activities, arts services and arts programming within the Commonwealth of PA.
The Pennsylvania Council on the Arts’ Pennsylvania Partners in the Arts (PPA) program provides regionalized funding through the PPA Project Stream and Program Stream grants.
As one of twelve PPA partners with the Pennsylvania Council on the Arts, Berks Arts services the region of Berks, Lancaster and Schuylkill Counties.
To learn more about the PPA Programs click here.
- Expanding constituent access to the arts by (a) making arts programs available to communities that may have been underserved in the past by state arts funding, and by (b) supporting a wide variety of arts activities in the community, developed in a variety of settings;
- Encouraging and supporting local decision-making in the re-granting of state arts dollars;
- Increasing awareness of and advocacy for government support and funding of the arts at the local and state levels; and
- Enabling the PCA staff to provide increased assistance to its broad constituency throughout the state.
Benefits of Applying to PPA:
- Local applications are shorter and simpler.
- Local grants carry the same state arts funding credibility.
- Local panelists provide important insight into the cultural needs of the community, which inform the local decision-making process.
For additional information, contact:
P.O. Box 854
Reading, PA 19603-0854